Friday, January 22, 2010

Amy's Low Sodium Cream of Tomato Soup


Amy's Low Sodium Cream of Tomato Soup is the best tomato soup I have EVER had. It's so good that I had to take a picture of it with my iPhone while I was at my internship, and then immediately blog about it.

I had bought the low sodium kind because Whole Foods was having a sale. I did not miss the salt at all- although I did add a few whole grain saltine crackers, so take that for what it's worth. It's a sweet, thick tomato soup that, despite the word "creamy" in the title, doesn't seem to have much cream in it. The creaminess seems to come more from the sun-ripened tomatoes than it does from the cream.

My favorite thing about this soup is that it's flavorful enough on it's own to be the star of the meal. I think that's rare with canned tomato soups. I usually think of tomato soup as an accompaniment to grilled cheese. Not this one. If you want a grilled cheese with it, you better class it up and make it with rosemary focaccia and smoked gouda.

By the way, I licked the bowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment