Monday, April 20, 2009

Finally- A Veggie's Noodle Ramen!

I just got back from apartment hunting and Ashley's wedding in Houston last night. I leave tomorrow night to visit my parents for 5 nights. This month I'm out of town 19 out of 30 days- having class only 2 or 3 days a week gives me a lot of flexibility with my traveling.

Since I'm out of town so much this month, I've been trying to use up pantry food and whatever is left in my fridge rather than heading to the grocery store. I thought I'd share one of my go-to light meals that is ready in less than 10 minutes and is great when I'm having a carb craving! It's my vegetarian equivalent of Noodle Ramen. In college, there were always packages of Noodle Ramen in the dining area of the sorority house so that we could have a snack when the kitchen was closed. But, unfortunately, Noodel Ramen is not vegetarian so I was out of luck. Finally, I stumbled upon the vegetarian answer to Noodle Ramen at Whole Foods- Thai Kitchen noodle soup!

When I want to add a little protein I cook it according to the microwave package directions (careful, the Lemongrass & Chili noodle soup is not vegetarian). While the soup is in the microwave, I pan-fry a 1/4 package of extra-firm tofu, then add the tofu to the soup once both are ready. And that's it. This is a very cheap lunch- a package of tofu and 4 noodle soup packages will cost you less than $6 at Whole Foods!

No comments:

Post a Comment