Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Bachelorette Parties




In the past month, I've attended two bachelorette parties. So here are a few ideas I've picked up when it comes to the food and beverages.

For my friend Ashley's party, Sarah (the host) had the great idea to label each dish in a funny- or obscene- way. Of course we had Mac-a-Weenie and Cheese (a bachelorette party essential), but there was also "Marry Me Brie" (Brie en Croute), "Tasty Testes" (Chocolate Chip Ball Surprise), and "Gettin' Loose Chocolate Mousse". I have no idea where the chocolate mousse recipe is from, but it's delicious, so check it out below.

If you make the Tasty Testes and end up with extra chocolate, or if you just want to make a chocolate something, use a spoon to "draw" on wax paper with the chocolate. I have a picture of my chocolate creation, but it would be inappropriate to post- I'm sure you can use your imagination.

Another Sarah (the host for Claire's 3-person bachelorette party) came up with the idea to make wine labels for the wine. I took care of making them, which was very easy to do on Word. I printed them out in 4x6 size on sticker paper. The size was larger than necessary, but I wanted to be sure that the entire original wine label was covered. The picture is above. I've blurred the faces on the labels to protect the 3 drunks' identities.

Gettin' Loose Chocolate Mousse

• One 14-ounce can sweetened condensed
milk
• One cup cold water
• One 4-serving-size package of instant
chocolate pudding
• Cool whip
• Strawberries

Instructions

1. Combine milk and water.

2. Add pudding mix and beat well.

3. Chill for 5 minutes.

4. Fold in half the container of cool whip.

5. Top with dollops of cool whip and strawberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment