Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Rooster Sauce

It's amazing to me that after years of cooking for myself almost daily, I still often find new cooking techniques and new ingredients to fall in love with.  Right now my obsession is Sriracha sauce, a.k.a. Rooster Sauce, a Thai hot sauce.  I've been making a simple spicy stir fry sauce of 1 part Sriracha sauce, 3 parts reduced sodium tamari, and 3 parts rice wine vinegar (that is, 1 tsp: 1 tbsp: 1 tbsp).  I stir fry my main ingredients in Asian chili oil, hot toasted sesame oil, or peanut oil, then add my spicy stir fry sauce at the end.  It's so simple that it might seem silly to blog about, but if you eat as much stir fry as I do and Sriracha isn't one of your kitchen staples, go buy a bottle NOW!

Soba noodles, broccoli, and tofu with spicy stir fry sauce:
 

Soba noodles, red cabbage, and edamame with spicy stir fry sauce:


Brown rice sushi with various fillings, including a drizzle of Sriracha sauce:

No comments:

Post a Comment